Thursday, October 26, 2006

Happy Halloween!
Just a quick update from Taiwan….
It is Halloween weekend so we have been really busy lately preparing for everything. Tomorrow night the school is throwing a party for all the kids at a local shopping mall. There will be games and we are putting on a play. I am playing a fairy, it should be fun!
Overall, my kids are doing well, they are improving everyday. Last week they began speaking in short sentences. I can’t believe how fast they are picking up English. It is amazing what young children can do. Here is an interesting story: One of my parents was only letting her daughter watch English DVDs at home but one day a Chinese program was on TV. She said that her daughter came to her crying and when her mother asked her what was wrong she said that she couldn’t understand the program. Her mother told me that she will let her watch Chinese shows at home from now on. The children are at school speaking English for so much time out of the day that it is important for them to keep up with their Chinese at home. This just goes to show how fine the balance is when children are learning two languages at the same time.
Well, that's all I have for now, I will post more Halloween pictures after this weekend. I am so glad that people are reading my blog and leaving comments….I just wish I could figure out how to write back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home