Tuesday, October 10, 2006


Finally, I have found time to post something! I have been so busy. This past weekend we had five days off of school. Friday and Tuesday (today) are both national holidays and the government decided last week to give us Monday off as well. The only catch is that we need to work on Saturday. It will be weird seeing kids come to school on a Saturday but it gave us a long weekend so I am not complaining.

I spent the weekend in Kenting, a city in the south of Taiwan. Two girls my age just got here from Canada a few weeks ago, their names are Oriana and Leigha. I went with them and my friend Tiffany, a girl I met when I first got here. Tiffany is from Canada as well. Actually Oriana, Leigha, and Tiffany are all from Ottawa but only Oriana and Leigha knew each other beforehand.

We had a blast! The first night we stayed in a tiny hotel above a surf shop. It was called Hotel California which I thought was funny. The other nights we camped in a small campground just outside the city. Unlike American camping, you don’t reserve a site; you simply cram your tent in anywhere it can fit. It cost 100NT per person which is close to $3 dollars US. We had breakfast each morning at a western style restaurant and spent the nights at the night market. I bought some beautiful jewelry and ate more ice cream that I usually do in a month. We had dinner twice at a Thai restaurant where we each ordered a dish and shared the food. The first night I ordered mixed vegetables which were good and the second night I ordered a dish called Drunkeness which was beef, cashews, and a brown sauce. It was sooooo good.

The coastline in Kenting is amazing. The water is a clear blue and there are large rocks coming out of the water. It really was a great weekend. I will be sad to go back to work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home