
Things are going well in Taiwan. Gracy had her first trip to the vet last week. She is very dramatic. She fell over on the table and screamed like she was dying when the vet gave her the shot. He gave her some medicine that I am supposed to give her twice a day. Let me tell you… I have never seen a cat run so fast as when I bring that bottle out. She hates it! Otherwise she is doing fine. I have finally taught her not to jump on the table when I am eating. It was a big feat, she is relentless.
School is great! My kids are learning new things everyday. All of them finally know their English names and most can count to ten on their own. We have been practicing the days of the week and everyday we do the calendar. Many of them have the days memorized, and I think they are starting to understand the concept. It is really cute to see them use the vocabulary I am teaching them. Their favorite words are snake, monkey, fish, and elephant. Most of them can identify about 50 English words and I think they are starting to understand a lot of what I am saying. They really are moving quite quickly. When I think back to the first day of school, and all the blank faces I got when I simply said “hello,” I realize how much they have learned. My boss was really impressed yesterday when one of the kids ran up to her and said “Good morning, Tracy.” I can’t help but feel proud of them!
I have made some really great friends here. Last weekend, I met a girl named Tiffany from Canada. She took me to the local British pub where I met a lot of other foreign teachers. I guess the foreign community is pretty close here. They even have a newspaper! Last Saturday they held a hockey tournament to raise money for the newspaper. They were selling chicken wings and hamburgers. It was a lot of fun. I even helped grill for a little while...and I did not burn anything! Hopefully they will have other events; it is always good to meet new people. Well, that’s all for now….
PS: If you check out the website of my school (the link is on the left) they added some pictures of my class. I look horrible…but it is still neat to see :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home